- Well stimulation
- Pressuring operations
- May remain in the well as a production packer
Features & Benefits
- Short and Compact Design– Permits ease of storage, shipping and handling.
- Permits Passage of Recording Instruments – The bore through is a full-opening for the size tubing on which it is designed to be run. Pressure bombs or temperature recording devices can be run through and below the tool if desired.
- Economical to purchase and to maintain, the Model G Casing Packer offers long and dependable service with minimum care and maintenance.
- Alternate Packing Element System – For temperatures up to 250⁰ F, the standard 80 durometer packing element can be used with the Model G Packer; for applications above this temperature, the packer is furnished with a 90 D packing element.
- The Model G Packer is constructed of a minimum number of working parts. The dependable rocker-type slips and synthetic rubber packing element are the same types used on other highly successful Evolution Tools equipment.
- Ease of Operation – A simple and reliable J-Slot mechanism, actuated from the surface, makes the packer very easy to set and release.
- Emergency Release
The Evolution Model G Retrievable Casing Packer is a compact, economical set-down packer that can be used by itself for production applications or, with a companion unloader and hold-down. It can be used for well stimulation, testing and other pressuring operations and then left in the well as a production packer.
The Model G Packer is run to a position about one foot below the desired setting depth, then picked up to the setting point. The tubing is rotated to the right ¼ turn at the tool, and set-down weight is applied to set and pack off the tool. To release the packer, the tubing is simply picked up. If the packer is to be moved down-hole and reset, the tubing is rotated to the left ¼ turn at the tool.